Being a good employer is about more than just working conditions or facilities. Mutual relationships based on trust, pride and camaraderie determine whether an organisation will be a successful employer in the long term. The Great Place to Work model, based on these relationships, applies to all organisations irrespective of their culture or sector.
Yes. As a consultancy business, our fees are tailored to the needs and specific solutions that are relevant to your organization. Get in touch with one of our Great Place to Work experts to discuss your requirements and the scope of investment.
Quality Label For Good Employership
From Great Place to Work’s point of view, a strong Employer Brand can only be achieved if the internal organisation supports this image. The organisation can only be a great workplace if the employees confirm this. Being a Great Place to Work recognized can result in three things:
- The surveys provide a unique insight into whether what you are doing as an organisation is having the desired effect on the employees. In other words, whether your organisation offers a good employee experience.
- Increasing results. In an organisation where there is mutual trust, no time is wasted on unclear communication, no optimal cooperation or nepotism, for example. Research has shown that organisations with a high degree of trust also perform better in terms of absenteeism, turnover and attracting applicants, among other things.
- Stronger employer brand. Organisations certified as good employers can use this recognition for their labour market communication and recruitment. Today's employees are looking for organisations which tie in with their values, that suit them in terms of mission and culture, where they can progress and look beyond salary or employment conditions alone. The recognition can also make employees into ambassadors, who can improve the organisation’s image and promote it externally. Being a good employer is truly something to be proud of, and this fact can be shared both internally and externally. A strong and positive image as an employer enhances brand awareness, helps to attract and retain employees and makes an organisation stand out from its competitors.
The Great Place to Work labels distinguish itself in four areas:.
- From Great Place to Work’s point of view, a strong Employer Brand can only be achieved if the internal organisation supports this image. The organisation can only be a great workplace if the employees confirm this.
- The philosophy of Great Place to Work is not about satisfaction. Research has shown that good employers distinguish themselves by high degrees of trust, pride and camaraderie within the organisation. Our model has existed for over forty years, is still up to date and is currently used in more than 170 countries. This makes it a comprehensive model in which all aspects of being a good employer are evaluated.
- Great Place to Work applies strict criteria to become a recognised organisation. We help those organisations that do not meet our standards and support them in their continuous development towards being a good workplace. We also continue to help recognised organisations in their development as good employers.
- If an organisation participates in the national certification process, you could also be included in the European list of Best Companies. The highest scoring organisations, in their category, can be among the Top 125 in Europe. Multinational companies may also qualify for the World's Best Workplaces.
Becoming Great Place to Work-Certified™ is the first milestone in our recognition process. An organisation that has completed the employee survey process can receive Certification at any point in the year once they have met the minimum 70% employee survey threshold and submitted their Culture Brief™, telling us about their organisation.
Then, through our Best Workplaces™ Programme, we determine the best from the pool of certified organisations via a rigorous assessment process based on the outcome of both the employee survey and Culture Audit™, telling us more about your HR practices. Based on this evaluation, the best places to work for will be announced during our festive annual Award Event in March. The organisations that achieve the list may then call themselves a Best Workplace. For each category, a maximum of 10 companies can be recognised with the Best Workplaces label. The categories are as follows:
- Best Small Workplaces™ - organisations with less than 99 employees
- Best Medium Workplaces™ - organisations with 100 to 249 employees
- Best Large Workplaces™ - organisations with 250 to 500 employees
- Best Extra Large Workplaces™ - organisations with more than 500 employees
A Great Place To Work employee survey score of 70% or more is required to become Great Place to Work-Certified. Once the survey results have closed and you have submitted your Culture Brief, you will receive your official Certification digital badge, valid for 12 months. Read more about the Certification process on this page.
Certified companies with at least 20 employees can participate in our Best Workplaces programme. Our employee survey and Culture Audit are the two tools used to assess organisations participating in the Best Workplaces Programme. Together, they enable us to generate accurate and fair measures of employee engagement, trust and well-being as well as your organisation's HR and management practices. Certified organisations that belong to the Best Workplaces list may use the Best Workplace logo for one year starting from the award event in March. Read more about the Best Workplaces program on this page.
The Culture Audit is a management questionnaire that helps us understand what programs and practices drive the employee experience measured by the Great Place To Work employee survey. The Culture Audit contains five required essay questions. Each question focuses on one specific aspect of the workplace culture that is key in shaping a Great Place to Work For All™; (1) Maximizing Human Potential, (2) Trust, (3) Values, (4) Leadership Effectiveness and (5) Innovation by All.
There is a difference between the media attention given to the Certified organisations and the Best Workplaces.
- Every organisation awarded the Great Place to Work Certificate receives the logo, a certificate, and a media toolkit to communicate about their certification internally and externally. They also get a place on our website and a post on our Social Media channels. This label is primarily designed to be used as a tool in the organisation's labour market communication immediately after publication
- The media attention for the exclusive Best Workplace label is higher in percentage terms than the media attention given to the Great Place to Work Certificate. Apart from the services mentioned above (logo, website, social media, media toolkit, …), our media partners Jobat Media (Mediahuis - "Go For Happy Magazine"), Références and Htag dedicate one issue to the Best Workplaces, and our research partner Vlerick Business School sends out a press release and the evening of the Best Workplaces award event receives a lot of media attention.
First, rest assured, we keep results completely confidential. We never disclose the names of companies who participate in the process but do not get recognised. You have nothing to lose. While it's disappointing not to be recognised for a list you’re really interested in, going through the process is still extremely valuable. You gain the benefits of employee feedback and can use our helpful reports and analytics to gain actionable insights about your business. We have Culture Coaches available if you’d like some expert support along the way. And when you’re ready, try again!
Absolutely! As an International Institute with offices in more than 70 countries worldwide, we offer you a Great Place to Work trajectory with the possibility of getting recognized as an International organisation in multiple countries at the same time. We can manage the project centrally with one of our countries in the lead or you can decide to manage the survey in each country locally. Contact us today to find out the best solution for your company.